Kattugotambu - Coix lacryma-jobi
Properties of Kattugotambu
|Botanical name||Coix lacryma-jobi Linn|
|Ayurvedic Medicinal Properties|
|Name of the herb in other languages|
Description of the Plant
An erect perennial grass, grows up to 1.5 m in height. Leaves are linear-lenceolate, narrowed up from a broad cordate base, stout midrib, flowers found in recemes dropping from long peduncle carrying both male and female flowers. Fruits are ellipsoid of globose, smooth hard tear shaped grains.
Medicinal Properties of the Plant as per Ayurveda
Plant pacifies vitiated pitta, menstrual disorders; seeds are good remedy for urinary retention, and as a general tonic.
Useful parts of the herb
Let us know what you think! Please leave your comments and let us know your thoughtscomments powered by Disqus
- How to laminate Photos at home
- diy bare bulb beauty dish
- how to make a hood for your lens
- rule of thirds in photography
- Adding tattoo to a photograph in photoshop
- How to capture motion blur in photography
- DIY Foldable Softbox
- Portrait Photography Tips - Pose them right
- Landscape Photography tips and techniques
- Seven secrets for stunning macro shots
Exif's, Lighting diagrams, and more.
Write for School of Digital Photography
If you would like to share your ideas and opinions to our viewers, do write to us at email@example.com with the subject line stating Photography Article. We are looking for tips on every aspects of photography aimed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced digital photographers