Chakkapazham Varatiathu - Jackfruit Halva
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 100gms unsalted,split cashewnuts
- 2kg ripe jackfruit
- Syrup made from 1 kg jaggery
- 4 white cardamoms,powdered
Method of Preparation
- Heat 1 tbsp gheee in a frying pan,add cashewnuts,fry till brown and set aside with ghee in the pan.
- Clean jackfruit and remove seeds.Chop flesh into very small pieces and place in a pan with jaggery syrup and 1 litre water.Place pan over moderate heat and cook,stirring continuously.
- When water has evaporated,add remaining ghee and continue cooking till mixture thickens to the consistency of a heavy dough.
- Add cardamom powder and reserved cashewnuts with the ghee in a frying pan,and cook till halwa solidfies.
- Spread on a flat greased tray,allow to cool and cut into squares.
- Variation:Instead of jackfruit,ripe banana can be used.Sugar can also be substituted for jaggery syrup.
Let us know what you think! Please leave your comments and let us know your thoughtscomments powered by Disqus
- How to laminate Photos at home
- diy bare bulb beauty dish
- how to make a hood for your lens
- rule of thirds in photography
- Adding tattoo to a photograph in photoshop
- How to capture motion blur in photography
- DIY Foldable Softbox
- Portrait Photography Tips - Pose them right
- Landscape Photography tips and techniques
- Seven secrets for stunning macro shots
Exif's, Lighting diagrams, and more.
Write for School of Digital Photography
If you would like to share your ideas and opinions to our viewers, do write to us at email@example.com with the subject line stating Photography Article. We are looking for tips on every aspects of photography aimed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced digital photographers