Kumbilappam - Steamed Jackfruit Cones
Ingredients of Kumbilappam :
A Christian dish.
- 15 vayana leaves
- 500 gms ripe jackfruit
- 250 gms rice flour
- Syrup made from 250 gms jaggery
- 6 white cardamoms, powdered
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder (saunth)3
- 1 medium-sized, fresh coconut, grated
- ½ tsp salt
Method of Preparation of Kumbilappam :
- Wash and dry vayana leaves. Shape leaves into cones using toothpicks to secure them.
- Clean jackfruit, remove seeds and grind flesh to a fine paste.
- Mix jackfruit with remaining ingredients.
- Put 1 tbsp mixture into each vayana leaf cone. Arrange them upright in a steamer and steam for 10 minutes.
Note: The vayana (also called vazhana) tree is Laurus cassis. It belongs to the family of the bay leaf. Leaves of banana, jackfruit or cinnamon trees, or fresh bay leaves can be substituted for vayana leaves. However, they will not have the same aroma.
Let us know what you think! Please leave your comments and let us know your thoughtscomments powered by Disqus
- How to laminate Photos at home
- diy bare bulb beauty dish
- how to make a hood for your lens
- rule of thirds in photography
- Adding tattoo to a photograph in photoshop
- How to capture motion blur in photography
- DIY Foldable Softbox
- Portrait Photography Tips - Pose them right
- Landscape Photography tips and techniques
- Seven secrets for stunning macro shots
Exif's, Lighting diagrams, and more.
Write for School of Digital Photography
If you would like to share your ideas and opinions to our viewers, do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating Photography Article. We are looking for tips on every aspects of photography aimed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced digital photographers