Manga Chertha Mathi Kari - Sardine Curry with Unripe Mango
Ingredients of Manga Chertha Mathi Kari :
This curry does not use either tamarind or cambodge. The sour taste is provided by the mango.
- 25 sardines
- 1 large unripe, sour mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 12 green chillies, slit
- 3-cm piece ginger, sliced
- 15 curry leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp oil
Ground to a fine paste :
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 dry red chillies, torn into pieces
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 tsp water
- ½ medium-sized, fresh coconut, grated
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 dry red chilli, torn into pieces
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 5 curry leaves
- ½ tsp fenugreek powder (methi)
Method of Preparation of Manga Chertha Mathi Kari
- Clean sardines, remove heads, cut into 5-cm pieces, wash and drain well.
- Combine sardines, mango, onion, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, salt, oil and spice paste in a pan.
- Stir in 1 cup water and place pan over high heat. Bring to boil, lower heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in coconut paste and continue to cook over low heat till gravy thickens.
- Heat oil for tempering in a small pan and sprinkle in mustard seeds. When they start sputtering, add red chilli, shallots, and curry leaves. Fry till fragrant and remove from heat. Sprinkle in fenugreek powder and pour contents of pan into curry.
- Mix gently and serve.
Let us know what you think! Please leave your comments and let us know your thoughtscomments powered by Disqus
- How to laminate Photos at home
- diy bare bulb beauty dish
- how to make a hood for your lens
- rule of thirds in photography
- Adding tattoo to a photograph in photoshop
- How to capture motion blur in photography
- DIY Foldable Softbox
- Portrait Photography Tips - Pose them right
- Landscape Photography tips and techniques
- Seven secrets for stunning macro shots
Exif's, Lighting diagrams, and more.
Write for School of Digital Photography
If you would like to share your ideas and opinions to our viewers, do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating Photography Article. We are looking for tips on every aspects of photography aimed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced digital photographers