Meen/Chemmen Achar - Seafood Pickle
Makes: 500 gms
- 500 gms fish fillet (seer fish) or prawns
- 1 1/4 cups sesame seed oil (til ka tael)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 green chillies,chopped
- 5-cm piece ginger,chopped
- 1 stalk curry leaves,chopped
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 10 cloves garlic,coarsely ground
- 4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder (hing)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
Method of Preparation :
- Wash fish (if used),drain and cut into 2-cm pieces.Shell prawns (if used),remove heads,devein and wash.
- Combine ingredients for marinade,rub into seafood and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadhai,add seafood and fry for 5 minutes til brown.Drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle mustard seeds into oil.When they start sputtering,add green chillies,ginger,curry leaves and fenugreek,and fry for 5 minutes.Mix in remaining ingredients and remove from heat.
- Cool and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
Let us know what you think! Please leave your comments and let us know your thoughtscomments powered by Disqus
- How to laminate Photos at home
- diy bare bulb beauty dish
- how to make a hood for your lens
- rule of thirds in photography
- Adding tattoo to a photograph in photoshop
- How to capture motion blur in photography
- DIY Foldable Softbox
- Portrait Photography Tips - Pose them right
- Landscape Photography tips and techniques
- Seven secrets for stunning macro shots
Exif's, Lighting diagrams, and more.
Write for School of Digital Photography
If you would like to share your ideas and opinions to our viewers, do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line stating Photography Article. We are looking for tips on every aspects of photography aimed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced digital photographers