Pulinkari - Sour Vegetable Curry
This is a regular dish on many household menus.
- 200 gms red pumpkin (kaddu)
- 100 gms cucumber
- 1 tsp salt
- A walnut-sized ball of seedless tamarind soaked in 2 tbsp water
- 10 dry red chillies, torn into pieces
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 medium-sized, fresh coconut, grated (optinal)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
Method of Preparation :
- Dry roast red chillies and fenugreek seeds for coconut-spice paste individually in a pan over moderate heat.
- Brown coconut (if used) in a frying pan over high heat. Cool, mix all ingredients and grind coarsely.
- Peel and cut vegetables into 3-cm cubes.
- Place vegetables in a pan with salt and 1 ½ cups water, and cook over high heat for 20 minutes till tender.
- Extract tamarind pulp and strain into pan. Stir in coconut-spice paste, bring to boil and remove from heat immediately.
- Heat oil for tempering in a small pan and sprinkle in mustard seeds. When they start sputtering, pour contents of pan into curry, mix well and serve.
Let us know what you think! Please leave your comments and let us know your thoughtscomments powered by Disqus
- How to laminate Photos at home
- diy bare bulb beauty dish
- how to make a hood for your lens
- rule of thirds in photography
- Adding tattoo to a photograph in photoshop
- How to capture motion blur in photography
- DIY Foldable Softbox
- Portrait Photography Tips - Pose them right
- Landscape Photography tips and techniques
- Seven secrets for stunning macro shots
Exif's, Lighting diagrams, and more.
Write for School of Digital Photography
If you would like to share your ideas and opinions to our viewers, do write to us at email@example.com with the subject line stating Photography Article. We are looking for tips on every aspects of photography aimed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced digital photographers