Tharippola - Semolina Cake
A Muslim Dish.
- ½ tbsp + ½ tbsp ghee
- ½ tbsp sultanas (kishmish)
- ½ tbsp unsalted cashewnuts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 100 gms semolina (sooji/rava)
- 3 white cardamoms, powdered
Method of Preparation :
- Heat ½ tbsp ghee in a pan, add sultanas and fry till they puff up. Remove from pan, drain and set aside. Add cashewnuts and fry till golden brown. Set aside pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar well in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add semolina and beat again to make a paste.
- Stir in cardamom powder and reserved sultanas and cashewnuts with ghee.
- Heat remaining ghee in a pan, add to semolina paste and mix well.
- Cover pan with a flat lid which has a ridge and cook for 30 minutes with hot coals on the lid and low heat below. You can also bake it in an oven pre-heated to 1800 C (3500F) for 10 -15 minutes.
- Cool, unmould and serve.
Let us know what you think! Please leave your comments and let us know your thoughtscomments powered by Disqus
- How to laminate Photos at home
- diy bare bulb beauty dish
- how to make a hood for your lens
- rule of thirds in photography
- Adding tattoo to a photograph in photoshop
- How to capture motion blur in photography
- DIY Foldable Softbox
- Portrait Photography Tips - Pose them right
- Landscape Photography tips and techniques
- Seven secrets for stunning macro shots
Exif's, Lighting diagrams, and more.
Write for School of Digital Photography
If you would like to share your ideas and opinions to our viewers, do write to us at email@example.com with the subject line stating Photography Article. We are looking for tips on every aspects of photography aimed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced digital photographers